- This event has passed.
NZATD Auckland Branch- Digital Learning Showcase
27/06/2019 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm NZST
NZATD Auckland Branch invites you to our Digital Learning Showcase for 2019
Come and spend the day seeing some great examples of digital learning that have been developed by your peers.
The aim of the showcase is to get under the hood of how business problems are being solved with digital learning solutions. Come and be inspired by the different approaches used to design and deliver learning and leave with lots of ideas to explore once back in your workplace.
We are excited to spend the day talking about learning design, delivery and engagement, sharing best practice and real-world solutions. With a line-up of over 10 speakers on offer, you are guaranteed to see something of interest.
Our presenters will each take 45 minutes (including time for questions) to show you an example of a digital learning project in action. They will explain::
- The business problem they faced
- What action they took to solve it and why
- The result they achieved
- Lessons they learned on the way
- IIana Kraner, KPMG: Will show how they’ve created a new technology foundation programme including video and e-Learning modules to help increase efficiency and enrich customer experience.
- Dr Ann Cronin, RNZ Police: Will show an experimental model using VR to explore the effects of early deprivation and family violence on youth antisocial behaviour from a first person perspective.
- Jack Harvey, NZ Defence Force: Will show how they’ve incorporated augmented reality as a way to increase learner engagement.
- Karl Hartley, Epic Learning: Will show fast and simple ways to create digital avatars as virtual learning buddies to bring personality to an eLearning module.
- Leonie Williams, Kambium: Will demonstrate how they developed a solution targeted at users with low digital literacy with the aim to help them become ‘digital citizens’.
- Mike Curry, Citizens Advice Bureau NZ: Will show how they created an online solution to upskill a large pool of volunteers nationwide on a very small budget.
- Derek Good, Learning Planet: Will explain how to develop microlearning, including video with little time and a restricted budget.
- Joanna Smith and Sophie Devereaux, Pukeko Learning Solutions and Learningworld Design: Will demonstrate how to use storytelling and game design to achieve learning outcomes.
- Steve Moss, WorkflowMax (a Xero company): Will talk about how they deliver just-in-time product information to triallists of their product.
- Roxana Custura, Auckland Council: Will show how they use interactive video to put learners in the driver’s seat.
Dual sessions will be running throughout the day so you will need to choose which presentations you’d like to see. More details about the format will be released soon.
NZATD Member Benefit: All sessions will be recorded and registered NZATD members will be given access to all recordings. Video links will be sent out after the showcase to all eligible participants so you won’t miss out on any presentation. (Note: Affiliates and non-members will need to become a member of NZATD in order to receive this benefit.)
Venue: Business Centre, Massey University, Albany Campus, Dairy Flat Highway (SH17), 0632
Note: This event is being run during the mid-year break so there should be lots of parking available on-site. We will provide a map of the University so you can find your way around with ease.
- 8.30 – 9.00 am – Registration, Networking
- 9.00.-10.55 – Presentations
- 10.55 – 11.20 – Morning Tea and Networking
- 11.20-1.00 – Presentations
- 1.00-1.45 – Lunch and Networking
- 1.45-4.30 – Presentations (with short break)
- $159.00 (incl GST) –Members (including all session videos)
- $159.00 (incl GST) – Affiliates (HRINZ, AITD, NSANZ, TechComNZ, ICFA, IABC, NZOQ, CDNZ & DEANZ)
- $259.00 (incl GST) – Non-Members
NOTE: Please give 48 hours notice of cancellation. Once registered you will be expected to pay regardless of attendance. Substitutions are accepted.
Dietary Requirements: We will contact you closer to the time to confirm if you have any special dietary requirements.